Monday, November 14, 2011

The Legends

Photographer (and fan) Susan Hanrahan took these photos of some of the legendary bulls brought to the PBR World Finals for the Heroes and Legends celebration.  Photos and text by Susan Hanrahan.


05 Bones
When I first became a fan of the PBR in 2009, along with Big Tex and Apollo, Bones became a quick favorite of mine.  I was heartbroken when Tom Teague retired him this year but I agree with his reasoning.  Bones looks great and I'm sure could still dump any cowboy he wanted!

Teague Bucking Bulls
World Champion 2008 & 2010
Average Mark 22.367
Buck Off Percentage 88.89%
Historical Ranking 80th



Reindeer
One thing I can say for Reindeer is that he cannot be bothered with social things.  He spent most of the time showing us his back side, no matter how many people called his name, whistled, or made noises trying to get his attention.  It was amazing to see him in person.

Flying U/Rosser Rodeo
Average Mark 22.293
Buck Off Percentage 94.9%
Historical Rating 89th



Troubadour
It was a real treat for me to see Troubadour.  Since we reside on opposite coasts I had never seen him in person before.  I finally got him to turn around and pose for me!

Julio Moreno Bucking Bulls
Average Mark 22.81
Buck Off Percentage 75%
Historical Ranking 19th



K93 Major Payne
Major Payne is such a handsome bull and was so friendly.  Very sorry to see his career ended so early.  He has been a great bull!

Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls / Katich / Pinnacle
Average Mark 22.48
Buck Off Percentage 93.75%
Historical Ranking 48th



Mossy Oak Mudslinger
I felt like I was seeing bucking bull royalty.  I've heard so much about Mudslinger and seen videos but to be in his presence was overwhelming.  He has aged and looked like he was having a harder time getting around.

D&H Cattle Co
World Champion Bucking Bull 2006
Average Mark 22.941
Buck Off percentage 70.83%
Historical Ranking 7th




Camo
The only thing I know about Camo is his ride by Justin McBride.  He looked like he could go back in the arena tomorrow.  He paced his pen the whole time and it was hard to get a photo.  I think he was ready to buck!

Boyd & Floyd Bucking Bulls
Average Mark 22.419
Buck Off Percentage 82.61%
Historical Ranking 62nd



Red Alert
I'd never heard of Red Alert, but I immediately fell in love with him.  

Simpson Cattle Company
Average Mark 21.801
Buck Off Percentage 60.32%
Historical Ranking 436th



Red Alert and Reindeer
________________________________________

*** Click here to get Rank by email. ***