Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tulsa: Injury Report



Okay, I'm not going to get all "anatomy lesson" this time, because really, there are way too many injuries on the roster for me to go to my orthopedic sources for details. Plus, I'm pretty sure I might be the only one here who really wants to know that much about muscles and bones. Here's what we've got, some from during the break, some in Tulsa:
  • broken thumb
  • prior broken wrist aggravated
  • torn biceps
  • torn PCL
  • torn rotator cuff
  • broken hand
  • dislocated finger
  • sprained neck
  • hip pointer
  • bruised chest
  • bruised thigh
  • bruised knee
  • sprained jaw

Oh all right, I'll just do a short anatomy lesson, because I didn't know what a hip pointer was, either.





A hip pointer is a result of a blow to the iliac creast, the part of the pelvis we know as the hip bone. When injured, usually upon sustaining a severe trauma (such as landing on the ground after being tossed off the back of a bull), it creates bleeding into and swelling of the surrounding muscles. The pain is considerable and can be severe enough to limit range of motion.

Now we know.